Social media has progressively grown from the time it came into existence. By 2016, 51% of the entire world population was using mobile phones. Also, 30% of them accessed social media using their phones. As a result, social media is no longer a socializing platform with friends and family only. But it is also an important business marketing strategy. Hence, a successful business is the one that employs social media strategy in its sales and marketing campaign.
There are various crucial tips for finding the most promising social media strategy for your business. In this article we will take a look at few of them and let you find the ones most suitable to your company and vision.
What Is a Social Media Strategy?
Social media refers to the assortment of online communications channels that users utilize for interaction, collaboration, and content sharing. It includes the applications and websites dedicated to social networking, bookmarking, forums, wikis, and micro-blogging. The examples of social media include Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Reddit, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, WhatsApp, YouTube, and Wikipedia.
A strategy, on the other hand, is a plan or technique that you use to produce a desired future result such as achieving goals or getting a solution to a problem. A social media strategy, therefore, establishes relationships and draws out a plan that focuses on achieving one or more goals.
Who Uses a Social Media Strategy?
Social media strategy is a common term in business and is useful in the following areas:
- The sales department team uses it to search for sales opportunities and increase sales.
- Customer service team employs social media strategy to interact with the customers. Here, clients raise their opinions and complaints. Consequently, the customer service person responds promptly.
- Human resources team uses social media to check the profiles of potential employees and encourage more applicants for various vacant positions.
- The marketing department including advertising and public relations teams uses social media strategy as a tool for informing the public about a new brand and reminding them about the existing ones.
- The research department team uses social media strategy to find out and develop new brands and discover new markets.
Ways in Which Social Media Strategy Can Benefit Your Business
In the current business field, taking advantage of the power of social media is necessary if you want to make your business grow and make your brand famous.
- To begin with, ensure that you are consistent when posting your brand information especially the number of times your brand appears and on which social media platforms. Where possible, try to use all social networks if your customers are diversified.
- Additionally, format the content to suit a particular social media platform. For instance, other social media will require more photos than words while others will allow you to give details of the brand, including the use of videos.
- However, carry out thorough research to know the platforms used mostly by your clients. Then, optimize on them instead of trying to use all the social platforms.
- Furthermore, ensure that your content supports and emphasizes the message you are passing to the customers in your social media strategy. In this case, the message you pass on the social media platform should be real facts about your brand.
- Also, do not focus more on getting the attention and more likes on the social media than developing your business. Instead, find a balance between becoming popular and boosting your business by providing information about your product with some fun in it.
The 7 Crucial Techniques of the Most Promising Social Media Strategy
1. Consider Your Business Goals
Your primary purpose for using the social media should be to make your business operation more efficient and fruitful. Nevertheless, check the needs of your business and decide how you wish the social media strategy to help meet them.
2. Come Up With Objectives
These objectives lead you towards achieving the goals you have set. Most importantly, ensure that the objectives are SMART; specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound.
3. Identify Your Market Niche
You should know your customers’ likes, dislikes, occupation, income, interests, challenges, habits, objections, and motivation. Then, you will find it easy to choose a social media strategy that leads to success.
4. Know Your Competitors
Researching your competitors will help you know the social media they are using and how you can use this information to come up with your social media strategy.
5. Choose Appropriate Networks
This will help you avoid wasting time and other resources. This is because you already know what will work best for your customers. Ensure also that you know the content. Also, master the language to use in a given network for your particular target audience.
6. Include the Social Media Strategy in Your Budget
Start by making an exhaustive list of the requirements and the services you may have to outsource such as video production and photography. Budgeting will help you when you prioritize posts and adds on your social media strategy.
7. Have a Team and Delegate Responsibilities to the Members
Your social media strategy will only work when you build a team with members working in specific areas based on their skills and experiences. This will increase effectiveness and the productivity, enhancing the realization of the business goals.
For instance, you can have one member dealing with visual content, another updating and maintaining the social media, and still another dealing with customer service.
The business activities today are carried out through the social media more than in any other method. The best social media strategy, therefore, makes the most use of time. So the available resources to produce your desired results for the set goals also come along.
Essentially, it enables you to understand your customers’ needs, know your competitors, popularize your brands, and reach new markets. Thus, by developing a promising social media strategy using the above crucial tips, your business will significantly grow as enhanced by the proper and timely social media communication.