Sell or Be Sold: How to Get Your Way in Business and in Life by Grant Cardone was first published under this title in 2011. Since then it’s become something of a guide for those in sales professions. The skills learned in this book are essential for success in any kind of sales position. Sell or Be Soldintroduces readers to the psychology of why people buy and what makes them reluctant to buy.
It wasn’t written exclusively for sales people, though. The book was written for anyone who wants to make other people believe in their ideas.
About Sell or Be Sold
According to author Grant Cardone, selling is an attitude. He believes that knowing the principles of selling is the key to success in any aspect of the sales world.
In this book, he writes about how anything can be sold. You can even learn to sell yourself on new experiences such as eating healthy. Not only does Cardone explain how the sales cycle works, but he also explains how the cycle can be shortened, making readers into efficient sales people. Cardone believes that any kind of reward in life can be thought of as a commission and explains to readers how they can go about reaching their goals or earning these commissions.
"A little imagination combined with massive action goes a long way."
Sell or Be Sold: How to Get Your Way in Business and in Life was originally published in 2008 under the title Sell to Survive. It was first published by Card1 Publications. This is Grant Cardone’s personal self-publication business. Card1 Publications has released one other title, which is Cardone’s The Closer’s Survival Guide.
Sell or Be Sold: Key Principles
- People in every profession must be able to sell their ideas to others.
- When promoting a business, advancing an idea, or promoting yourself, you’ll need to be able to sell.
- People with the skill of selling are the ones who gets raises and promotions.
- Businesses don’t fail because they don’t have enough money coming in. But it’s because they’ve failed to successfully sell their product/idea/service to their potential customers.
- This book shows you some simple ways you can get others to buy into your ideas and get behind them.
- You’ll also learn how to succeed in life by achieving your goals.
- You’ll learn ways to avoid confrontations and disagreements with other people using only your words and your attitude. Also, you’ll learn ways to be persuasive that actually work.
- The author teaches readers how to keep selling even when there’s a downturn in the economy.
- You can see why sales aren’t the best strategy for selling your products.
- Readers will also learn how to overcome the potential buyer’s resistance when making sales phone calls.
- You’ll learn to understand people so well you’ll know what they’ll say and do next.
- Then, you’ll learn ways to build trust with your intended clients.
- You’ll learn how to keep your business busy with a steady stream of new customers all the time.
- You’ll learn strategies for standing out from the rest of the crowd.
- Also, you’ll learn why people behave the strange ways they do around money.
- You’ll learn the two most important steps in the sales process.
- You’ll learn how to remain positive even when you face rejection.
- Most importantly, you’ll learn how to sell your products, services, and ideas ethically.
Details of the Book
- ISBN-13: 978-1608322565;
- Number of pages: 200;
- Publisher: Greenleaf Book Group Press;
- Publication date: March 1, 2012.
- ISBN: n/a;
- Number of pages: n/a;
- Publisher: Audible Audio;
- Publication date: April 22, 2014.
- ISBN-13: 978-1608322909;
- Number of pages: 218;
- Publisher: Greenleaf Book Group Press;
- Publication date: February 29, 2012.
Where to Buy
These links can be used to buy the book directly from the author’s website or from several popular retail outlets for the different formats.
About the Author
Grant Cardone describes himself as a sales training expert and business coach. He’s the CEO and founder of the Cardone Group, Cardone Training Technologies, and Twin Capital Management. He has also served as the executive producer of the TV program TurnAround King (2011).
Cardone is the author of business self-help books that include The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure, Be Obsessed or Be Average, Grant Cardone’s PlayBook to Millions: Your Guide to Prosperity, If You’re Not First, You’re Last, and The Millionaire Booklet. His books have been New York Times best sellers. Cardone is the narrator of the audio book version of Sell or Be Sold.
He also produces motivational audio and video seminars. Interested readers can find more on Grant Cardone’s blog.
Sell or Be Sold: How to Get Your Way in Business and in Life is Grant Cardone’s book about how to sell any product, service, or idea to anyone, including yourself. It gives sales professionals and anyone else who needs to sell anything practical techniques and psychological insight into how to earn commissions and achieve their goals.
Have you read Sell or Be Sold: How to Get Your Way in Business and in Life? What did you think about it? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below.