Experiential marketing is designed to help improve on your event’s performance, to get the ROI you need. That means that you need to move away from a narrow focus on events to bringing personalized marketing strategies on the table. You must figure out where you are going wrong and what customers are interested in to do something about it. Experiential marketing is closer to creating memorable experiences than to an integrated communications strategy.
Experiential marketers use a rule of the thumb. If your customer communications strategies aren’t remarkable, they aren’t worth it. Experiential marketing is pragmatic. So, at the end of the day, it’s where you get to not how you got there. That said, experiential marketing is all about effective marketing. You discover that you need more from your business and so you get the right people together and shift your approach to experiential marketing. Here are top ideas on how to use experiential marketing to bond with your public.
The Main Experiential Marketing Element: Strategy and Planning
Ill-planned events cannot guarantee success. Unconventional strategic approaches may lead to a downfall. Your event should inspire a memorable experience in the following ways.
1. Choose the Right Event
It’s critical to take part in an event where you have given much thought. When your company decides on the exhibitions and events to attend, it has to take into consideration the opportunities and costs present. The most lucrative events are friendly in price and offer an excellent opportunity for your brand to interact with customers.
2. The Target Audience
To hold an effective event, consider the statistics in a previous event.
- How many visitors attended?
- What were their profiles?
- How many matched your customers’ patterns?
Additionally, it is essential to consider factors that lead people to participate in an event, and how you can lure more people into attending.
3. Exhibition Costs
The most instructive way to achieve success is to ask, how do I win it? Consider the amount to will cost you to exhibit, whether you can reuse materials you have used before. Additionally, think about the future.
- Would obtaining certain materials be helpful in the future?
- Where would you be required to obtain staff or promotional material?
You will find that analyzing the factors will lead you to a memorable event.
Think about the competition. Which competitors are likely to attend the event? What can they offer that you have not provided? Where will they be positioned? Beyond that, find out as much as you can about your rivals marketing, focusing mainly on the strength of their promotion, then make your event strong enough to compete.
Use your intelligence to discover other opportunities that an exhibition can offer. Are there ceremonies, awards, speaking platforms or hospitality services that your business can use to achieve success?
Calculate the returns that you can gather from the show. Consider the number of visitors expected and the ones likely to turn into leads. Calculate the value of a deal.
Once you figure that out, deduct the costs of the event to get your ROI. If the exhibition is not worthy financially, then it is not worth at all.
Other 6 Experiential Marketing Tasks That Guarantee Success
- Create memorable brand messages: First, focus on the memorability of your brand messages. Work with short, precise messages that are easy to read and memorize. Consistency sharpens memory. The more your customers encounter a given message, the more chance of memory. Work with an elevator pitch that is attractive and engaging to customers. Think of messages that will translate to more leads. Make your environment comfortable and high quality.
- Harness the existing technology: Your technology should use attractive and engaging technology. Adopt visual imagery to make sure that your customers are engaged once they are at your stand. In a crowded market, you have to position your brand in an edgy and creative way by using eye-catching and easy to understand videos. Pre-plan follow up emails and other nurturing activities to ensure that your visitors turn into leads.
- Brand resonance: To achieve incredible success in experiential marketing, it is important that you establish yourself as who you are as a brand. To consider the kind of image that you want your consumers to create about you in their mind and the kind of feelings you want to provoke in your customers. Additionally, ensure that your brand resonates with your customers.
- Storytelling: Your brand must stand out in a busy and saturated marketplace. Creating a narrative to engage your customers allows a better understanding of your brand to your customers. It also brings relevance to your message, builds a unique brand identity and supplements your other marketing methods.
- Effective communication: The customer care team is your biggest asset during an experiential marketing event. Eloquent, passionate and friendly employees are your best bets to success. Ensure that the front line remains happy, relaxed and ready to be your brand ambassadors. Social media is the best channel to deliver an experiential marketing event.
- Remind prospects of the event and advertise special promotions using Twitter. Share photos, blogs and lengthy updates using Twitter. Publish all the relevant video content to YouTube and use LinkedIn to sources visitors. Ensure that concerns, queries, problems, likes, and dislikes are appropriately addressed and be sure to continue the discussion even after the event.
Opening the Doors
Experiential marketing is a forgotten form of marketing. The diminishing value attached to this art is unfortunate as it is incredibly effective. Standing out as a brand will involve you branching out and taking the risk to participate in as many events as possible. Experiential marketing is memorable. It’s eye-catching and is shareable. You want people always to have your brand come in mind when they think of a related subject.
Engage them in experiential marketing. An intimate, intense and immersive relationship with your brand cannot be solely achieved online. Your customers have to interact physically with it to truly experience it. Remember that since it is taking place physically, you have the chance to be creative beyond measure. To create an image that will stay fixed in people’s memory.
Images from depositphotos.com.